Genealogy Research Fees
I am absolutely delighted with all the information that you have found for me. It had taken me a great deal of time to find the correct person, working on the problem for about five years! I was not positive even then that I had the correct one! Your research has I believe, proven that I have the correct lady. Thank you very very much for carrying out this research for me, you have done a wonderful job.
- Standard research rate of £25 per hour for individually-tailored research + costs
- Set prices for packages (inclusive of costs)
All packages include extra costs. You will only pay the price of the package; this includes postage.
For individually-tailored research, we charge for research time plus extra costs.
Extra Costs Include The Following
- GRO Certificates (Birth, Marriage and Death [1837 onwards] of your ancestors or others in your family tree) = £9.25 each
- Post-1858 English & Welsh Wills, Grants of Probate and Administrations = £10
- Printing = standard commercial rates
- Entry fees to some genealogy or other archives (rare)
- Photocopying = as priced in the relevant Archive or Record Centre
- Postage = standard Royal Mail rates
To save time (& money) on research done at The National Archives, take a look at their Discovery catalogue for the reference of the record you require: http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/ .
Our Payment Policy
We will undertake work once agreed with you. Please allow 3-5 weeks for completion. Once the research has been completed, we will invoice you for the total owed. On receipt of payment we will either email or post the research results (as appropriate).
Our preferred method of payment is by direct bank transfer. You can do this via Internet or telephone banking, or in person at your local branch. This is the quickest, simplest, cheapest and most secure method of payment.
We do, however, accept all of the following methods of payment:
- Directly into the Genealogic account (from your bank by telephone or internet transfer) - the bank details will be detailed on the invoice you receive
- Payment with a credit card via PayPal (the address for payment is email@example.com). Note: an extra 5% is charged on all PayPal payments to cover fees.
- Cheque made payable to 'Genealogic' and sent to 89A Croftdown Road, London NW5 1EY.
- Postal Order
Please note Genealogic retain the right to withhold documents until full payment has been received.